Monday, September 3, 2007
Descendants of Francois Laraue & Anne DeQuain
FRANCOIS LARAUE, the son of Jacques DeLaRaue and Anne Fosse, was born 1652 in Dieppe, Normandie, France. He died 30 June 1726 in Quebec. He married ANNE DEQUAIN, the daughter of Florimand DeQuaine and Henriette Fermilis, 28 October 1669 in Quebec. Anne was born 1647 in Portiers, Vendee, France. She died in Quebec on 7 February 1734.
Anne was a "fille du roi," an immigrant from France who agreed to travel to New France to marry a settler there in exchange for a dowry from the king (see The King's Daughters).
Francois and Anne are our ancestors through the following descendants:
(1) NOEL LAREAU was born 7 February 1682 in Quebec and died there 8 December 1718. He married AGNES PILOTE, daughter of Jean Pilote and Marie Francois Gaudry, 1 February 1712 in Quebec. Jean was born 14 January 1680 in Ancienne, Lorette, France and died in Quebec.
About 1745, two Lareau brothers, Joseph and Noel, moved south to the Richelieu River where land was plentiful and settlers were needed to defend Montreal from Iroquois attacks coming up from the south. From these two brothers proceed a large majority of the present-day descendants named Lareau.
(2) NOEL LAREAU was born 29 Dec 1712 in Quebec and died 16 January 1779 in Chambly. He married MARIE ANNE MENARD, the daughter of Antoine Menard and Marie Huet, 22 January 1753 in Chambly. Marie Anne was born about 1729 in Chambly and probably died there.
(3) FRANCOIS LAREAU was born 22 January 1760 in Chambly and probably died there. He married MARIE GENEVIEVE VICTOIRE HACHETTE (parents unknown) 5 June 1780 in Chambly.
(4) FRANCOIS NOEL LAREAU was born 12 Jun 1786 in Chambly and probably died there. He married SOPHIE TETREAU, the daughter of Jean-Baptiste Tetreau and Genevieve Barsalou, 31 Jul 1815 in St. Mathias, Rouville. Sophie was born 15 May 1800 in St. Mathias-Sur-Richelieu, Rouville. She probably died in Chambly.
(5) FLAVIEN LAREAU was born about 1817 in Chambly and probably died there in 1908. He married JULIE GAUTHIER, the daughter of Antoine Gauthier and Elisabeth Aubertin.
(6) JULIE L. LAREAU was born 20 August 1844 in Chambly and died in Lee, Berkshire, MA 22 Mar 1897. She married JEAN-BAPTISTE MORIN, son of Jean-Baptiste Morin-Valcourt in L'Acadie, St. Jean 4 November 1862. Jean-Baptiste died in Springfield, Hampden, MA 13 December 1925.
(7) Their children: Lena Mary Morin, Almanda (Emma) Morin, Ella R. Morin, John B. Morin, Joseph Edward Morin, Wilfred J. Morin, Archibald (Archie) Joseph Morin, Lillian M. Morin, Adolphus Francis Morin, William P. Morin, Amelia (Millie) Morin and Mary A. Morin.
(7) WILFRED J. MORIN was born in Canada 6 September 1875 and died in Berlin, Hartford, CT 9 June 1941. He married JENNIE A. HOLMES 10 December 1895 in Lee, Berkshire, MA. Jennie was born 15 August 1876 in Otis, Berkshire, MA to Charles Robert Holmes and Alice E. Lemley. She died in Berlin, Hartford, CT 15 November 1940.
(8) Their children: Wilfred A. Morin, Leo E. Morin, Paul Roswell Morin, Beatrice Belle Morin, Charles J. Morin, Claude Raymond Morin, Oliver C. Morin, Viola E. Morin and William S. Morin.
Posted by Judi Heit at 3:38 PM